Tuesday 15 December 2015

Editing Day 5

   Today I edited 14 pages. I did the usual; correcting spelling, weird sentences and straightening out a plot. I did something that took a little longer but was fun to make sense of.
 
   I made sense of a car chase scene which was fun to write. When I first wrote it, I thought that it made perfect sense. It didn't so I had a good look at Google maps and picked out the streets that were part of the chase scene. I named them clearly while re-planning the U turns and the emotions involved. I find it really fun to add cool cars in my book. The car that was chasing a couple of the characters in a taxi was a Jaguar F type coupe.






   Yesterday I mentioned that I was going to tell you more about this character who drinks dark rum and smokes Cohiba Siglo Cigars. His name is Harry Lonan Gallagher and he looks after Brighton but is also a very dangerous vampire. He is 440 lb and wears three piece pinstripe suits. I found something interesting about rum which I've added in his speech. There's a type of rum called the Duppy Share. The name is taken from dark Caribbean ghosts -the Duppy spirits- who take the best share of the rum that's left aging in old oak barrels, from Island to Island. Hence, the Duppy Share.

http://london.tastefestivals.com/whats-on/the-duppy-share-presents-the-spirit-social/
   Here's what Harry says to the man in his office:

   “How long are you going to wait?” Screamed the man.

   “When the ghosts have their share of the rum and the smoke cocoons me.” His voice floated dangerously.

   I hope this one was an interesting one.


   Good Night! xxx :)

No comments:

Post a Comment