Thursday 30 June 2016

Perseverance

When I tell someone that I write fantasy books, the person sighs and says that they wish they could write a book.

The conversation continues to how they wish they could finish writing a story and how they used to write when they were kids.

I always say that no matter what they're writing, it is possible to finish it. It is possible to finish writing a book. When I give advise, it is ignored as the 'I don't have time' and 'I wish I could be as creative as you' comments continue.

If you are reading this and want to write or finish writing a book, you will make it a priority. It's easy when you break down a certain number of words or write a page a day. After all, most writers started off writing books while holding down a full time job.



No comments:

Post a Comment