Thursday 8 August 2019

For The Love of Writing

Dear Thursday,

I'm really loving werewolves today.
I edited a chapter today and noticed how Eva is growing in her own skin. How she is getting stronger as a creature and a vampire. The people in her life are mainly strong women with cool personalities. Sometimes I think miss these creature if I don't work on my books for a while. I like most of them. Not so much the bad guys. They piss me off. They're annoying and dangerous. Although Eva and her gang are dangerous too.

When I think of them compared to humans, I see the fragility of a human life and the brief time we have on this blue planet. I'm so glad that I'm a writer. I love creating a whole new world and controlling the characters in it. Sometimes it seems like they have a life of their own.

I don't think I could ever not write. My writing journey started with poetry, song writing and short stories. Then I got super inspired to write my first book. Moth isn't my first book, but my second. A natural transition to this deep, dangerous cool world of creatures. I still write poetry, a song here and there and short stories.

I started a side project. It may be a short story or a novel. It's not going to be a fantasy novel. I feel like it's going in the direction of women's fiction. I'll leave it at that for now.

I've watched a video that really inspired me today.
Here's the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a7NRRyPkps

I hope you get something from it.

Good night.

Wonder Woman,
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment