Tuesday 6 August 2019

It's Tough

Dear Tuesday,

This is an inspo post.

Hemingway said,
"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed."

I'm sure he had other tips, but this is one of his famous sayings. I could quote all day, but I won't.

If you're writing a novel and working full time, keep going. This is really tough. The evenings are tough. There are distractions, you get hungry, you have to shower, sleep, etc …
The weekends are more fun. You have more time to write and create great ideas. However, the distractions are endless. Chores, food, hygiene, exercise and entertainment. I have replaced most of these things with podcasts, books and audio books, especially while I'm writing. I mean, I still eat, shower and remind myself to do those chores a million times. That's why they're called chores. Right? So boring!

Anyway, if you're a full time writer, CONGRATULATIONS! You are where we want to be. A success at writing down lies, I mean stories. Then those chores can be handed over to someone else. Joking! I do enjoy hoovering. Really. Those dusty corners.

I love writing. Especially fantasy. I'm hoping to complete all 3 books this year. So doable. Yeah. I know. It's tough. A solo journey. The lone wolf. Never stop. Keep going. Even if the laundry is high as a skyscraper.

Here's a quote that's more inspiring than Hemingway's.

"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you."
-Maya Angelou

Good Night,

Wonder Woman
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment