Sunday 14 June 2020

The Illusion Of Being A Writer

Taking a closer look at being a writer and how other people see me as a writer is one big clash of an illusion which almost feels like being sucked into a giant black hole.

Illusion 1:

Being a writer and loosing myself into a fantastical world is the happiest place I find myself in. The ultimate goal of being published and doing this for a living sometimes feels like being in a hamster wheel while trying to catch passing clouds. In reality, the act of writing is the happiest place.

Illusion 2:

This is the bigger bubble that surrounds the hamster wheel which is other people's opinions and ideas on how I should act or behave as a writer. That also includes the endless criticisms of why I'm not published yet, how I should write, what I should write and why I'm not writing at every minute of the day. 

This puts tremendous pressure on the cracking hamster wheel on needing to succeed right now. Occasionally, I find that hamster bursting straight through into oblivion and floating around outer space, while gently being nudged around by astroids. 

The illusion of bring a writer feels like vibrating molecules trying so hard to be solid. 

Breaking out of these illusions starts with writing for the love of writing and letting the other illusion flow away, and bounce back at the criticisms. Sometimes not paying attention to it disintegrates the illusion.

There are times doing that is really hard. Hold on to your authenticity. Write whatever you want to write. The illusions will float away like smoke on a mirror and all that's left is you.

Stay safe, take care of yourself. 

Wonder Woman XXX 

No comments:

Post a Comment