Monday 20 July 2020

The Black Rose 5

                                                                          Chapter 5

   Claire's heart pendant lay in an evidence bag on DI York's desk. Amelia and her two kids Leah eight and John 6, were sharing a chair. 

   "What do you mean it's a homicide? 

   "I mean, she didn't die of natural causes. Now please answer my question. Where did you get that bottle of rosé from? 

   She blew her nose and fixed her pony tail in her reflection on the desk lamp.

   "I got it from Waitrose."

   "Right."

   She stood up. 

   "Is that all?"

   DI York stood up too.

   "One more question. Where were you on the night that Claire died?"

   "I was on a date night with my husband. You want to know what else we did that night?"

   The detective folded her arms before speaking.

   "If you can remember what else happened on the night of the party, that would be helpful."

   Amelia pulled her bag over her shoulder. 

   "Sure, I'll remember to call you if I do. Come on kids, dad's got ice cream."

   She flicked her pony tail at DI York on her way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment